Get more Living in your inbox
Sign up to Living-news to receive top tips and inspirational contentSubscribe
Why opportunity is knocking louder for investors
Savvy property investors always find good investment opportunities in every housing market. It’s not just about yield, it’s about adding quality and position to your property portfolio. Buying an investment property in highly desirable locations, where demand from quality tenants is more achievable and where there is potential for long-term capital gain. Over the coming weeks, we’ll shine a light on a few of these highly desirable locations and look at the investment opportunities in detail – starting with one of Auckland’s most sought-after locations – Hobsonville Point.
An investment in a coastal community.
Hobsonville Point is far more than a new housing development, it’s a showcase community for modern living. Every aspect has been planned, from excellent local amenities to great transport access enabling travel to and from the city by ferry or car. Schools, from early childhood to high school, are within walking distance, as are shops, and some great venues that bring this thriving community together, like Catalina Bay. With its Little Creatures microbrewery, weekend Farmer’s markets, restaurants and cafés, Hobsonville Point really is a buzzing little community that ticks so many boxes.
- Attractive. With peaceful coastal walkways and beautiful water views, Hobsonville Point is a major drawcard for people wanting to escape the city and to host friends and family.
- Safe. With its well-thought-out streets, with no thoroughfare traffic and a strong community that looks out for one another, Hobsonville Point is an excellent place for all ages to live, work and play.
- Connected. With easy connections to and from the CBD, Albany and Westgate, Hobsonville Point is well-connected whether you want to drive, ferry or bus. It’s also famous for its walking tracks and cycleways allowing residents to explore the coast.
- Education Hobsonville Point is lucky to have not just one but three brand new schools within the community: Hobsonville Point Primary and Secondary, and the latest addition, Scott Point Primary. There are also kindergartens as well as private schools like Kristen just a short drive away.
- Diverse. Hobsonville Point attracts people of all ages and backgrounds – from singles and young families to empty nesters and retirees. Many are new to the area, so they are keen to make friends and build their new community.
- Destination. Few people are passing through Hobsonville Point. It’s a destination, a place to put down roots and for families to grow. So that brings stability and a commitment to the area – which bodes well for potential tenants.
What’s on offer for investors?
Fletcher Living has a number of three-bedroom apartments ready now, and two-bedroom apartments selling off-plan in Hobsonville Point that represent excellent investment value and have been built with investors in mind.
Three-bedroom apartments - Ready now
Designed over two levels, these apartments are a spacious 143m2 and offer the best of modern living, with designer kitchens, open plan living, modern bathrooms, generous balconies, and an allocated car park. Tenants can move in and enjoy living in a new home that’s Healthy Homes compliant – which means they’re warm dry, and energy efficient. Brand new has many other attractions including low maintenance and builder guarantees. A Body Corp manages the common areas, which takes away the stress for both tenant and owner. All tenants need to do is move in and start enjoying life at Hobsonville Point.
Two-bedroom apartments - Off-plan investment
If you’re looking for a future investment, then buying a two-bedroom Te Uru apartment off-plan in Hobsonville Point, could be what you’re looking for. These stylish apartments with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, spacious balconies, and light-filled modern interiors will definitely be popular with tenants. Healthy Homes compliant and with common areas managed by a Body Corp – these apartments offer a low-involvement rental opportunity.
Both apartments are conveniently located for future tenants – with parks and playgrounds, cafes, bars plus more all within walking distance.
Yield or capital gain?
Most property investors build a property portfolio with a mix of properties that generate either high yield or future capital gain.
Investors looking for high yield are normally looking to cover mortgage costs and provide some cash flow. Capital gain on the other hand, while not guaranteed, is a long-term strategy aimed at building wealth. The more desirable the location – the more likely the property would fall into the capital gain category. It’s important to understand your financial goals and factor other items into your costs like Body Corp and rates.
Interested? A lot of people are! So don’t miss out. Download our Apartments Information pack below for more information or chat with one of our new home consultants today.
Download our Information pack here
Or read more about why you should invest with us here.