Get more Living in your inbox
Sign up to Living-news to receive top tips and inspirational contentSubscribe
This February, Auckland celebrates Pride Month, and Fletcher Living is also celebrating its own journey to promote rainbow inclusion throughout the organization.
As an equal opportunities employer, Fletcher Living encourages staff to bring their whole self to work. We love differences – in all their forms, and believe diversity make us a stronger and richer community. We also want our culture to reflect our customers, and over the past few years we have been promoting rainbow inclusion through a number of initiatives as a response to this.
We realize that big business is sometimes accused of “pink washing”, so our team have been working diligently to ensure our Pride journey is genuine and anchored on real change.
To help us, we’ve partnered with Pride Pledge and become a Gold Sponsor. With their guidance we’re working to improve the safety, visibility, and inclusion of rainbow members in our workforce.
One important tool from Pride Pledge is the Rainbow Inclusion Stocktake, which enables Fletcher Living to track our progress in rainbow visibility, support and inclusion. In our most recent stocktake, our rainbow employees gave high satisfaction scores – which shows we’re heading in the right direction.
We also appointed a Rainbow Champion to lead the charge and drive awareness at every opportunity and there’s quite a full calendar of Pride related events in place throughout the year. From Lunch and Learn sessions, to Rainbow Tick training with some 90 people leaders, to attendance at the annual New Zealand Rainbow Excellence Awards.
We are proud to support our employees with a gender-neutral parental leave policy, paid gender affirmation leave and transitioning at work guidelines. We are also building on Fletcher Building’s Rainbow Tick Certification. Our view is the ‘tick’ is not the sign of a job done, Rainbow inclusion is a continuous journey of learning, of acceptance and diversity.
Fletcher Living Privacy Collection Statement
Fletcher Living will collect and use the personal details you submit or we otherwise collect about you, to provide information on our homes, developments, services and other related purposes.
By submitting this form, you agree to Fletcher Living using your personal information, including names, contact details, registration of your interest in a property and survey results, to send you information to promote its homes, developments and services. You may opt out from receiving further Fletcher Living information from time to time.
• to send communications requested by you;
• answering enquiries and providing information about our products or services;
• entering you into a registration of interest database and/or ballot process if applicable;
• maintaining the content of our website;
• updating our records and keeping your details up to date;
• for our internal business processing, administrative, marketing and planning requirements; and
• for other purposes provided for under any agreement with you or disclosed at the time of collection.
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our employees, related entities, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating of our business, including information management and electronic storage in other jurisdictions, fulfilling your requests or to provide services and offerings to you;
• suppliers and third parties we have commercial relationships with, and for business, marketing and related purposes; and
• other organisations for purposes authorised with your consent.